Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Recession

The effects of the current recession is beginning to be felt at musco, the company Don works for.
Bonus is good this year ,but expected to only be 1/2 as much next year. But , that is good news too at least it expects it's business to grow next year.
OUr finaancial advisor was here at noon to switch my IRA to a guaranteed income account. I own three of these accounts and Don has one.
We will begin to draw the interest from these accounts monthly in 6 months when I turn 59 1/2 yrs old.That will help supplement our income if Don gets ready to retire.
Legal opinion came today from the Ottumwa lawyer on the 40 acres. Don took it to work to read.
We should close on fridaya nd then the land will be ours.
Then all the hard work will begin. I hope we are healthy and up to the challenge this will represent. My lady friends at church think it is a big adventure we are starting.
Upward and onward one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment